In accordance with By-law No. 694-7, the Town of Hampstead will be granting overnight parking tolerance for the following occasions when most people don’t work:
- Passover – (March-April) from the first day for nine (9) days;
- Good Friday to Easter Monday – (March-April) for four (4) days;
- Shavuot – (May –June) from the first day for three (3) days;
- Rosh Hashanah / Yom Kippeur / Succot / Simchat Torah – (September-October) from the first day of Rosh Hashanah to the day following Simchat Torah;
- Christmas Eve / New Year – (December 24 to January 2) – for ten (10) days.
Overnight parking allows residents and their guests to park their cars on the street overnight without having to request special overnight parking permits.
Daytime parking rules remain in effect, as do all restrictions for blocked fire hydrants and driveways.
Town regulations restrict parking from 2 am to 5 am at all other times and non-compliance will result in a parking ticket.
For more information about parking restrictions, please call Town Hall during regular business hours at 514 369-8200 or Public Security at 514 369-8200, ext. 8250 (24 hour dispatch).