Overnight Parking Permit
In Hampstead, it is prohibited to park on public streets between 2:00 am and 5:00 am year round. However, temporary and annual overnight parking permits can be obtained with valid reason.
The information below provides details on how to obtain one of the following permits:
1. Temporary Overnight Permit
2. Annual Overnight Parking Permit
Please note that on-street parking without the required permit can result in a $43.00 parking ticket.
1) Temporary Overnight Parking Permits
A temporary on-street overnight parking permit can be granted under certain conditions such as repaving of a driveway, visitors or other valid reason. To obtain a temporary parking permit, please call Public Security.
Please have on hand the following information BEFORE you call:
a. The license plate number;
b. Make and model of car;
c. Street address;
d. Exact dates the car will be parked on the street overnight.
Your call will be automatically placed at the end of the call-queue and you will experience delays if the information listed above is not readily available.
- Temporary on-street parking permits are issued for an annual maximum number of twelve days (12) at no charge.
- Temporary overnight or daytime parking permits for on-street parking will not be issued when snow removal operations are expected.
- Requests must be received before 2:00 am.
For information, please contact Public Security at 514 369-8200, ext. 8250 (24-hour dispatch).
2) Annual Overnight Parking Permit
In Hampstead, it is prohibited to park on public streets between 2:00 am and 5:00 am year round.
An annual on-street overnight parking permit may be granted to residents with insufficient parking space on their property. The permit allows residents to use overnight on-street parking from Monday to Sunday, 2:00 am to 5:00 am, after obtaining a permit issued by the Town of Hampstead.
How to obtain a permit?
Residents must apply in person at Town Hall:
5569 Queen Mary Road
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Cost and validity of the permit:
|$150.00||for the first vehicle|
|$255.00||for the second vehicle|
|$350.00||for the third vehicle|
|Abolished||for a permit from April 1st to December 1st|
|$50.00 / vehicle||for a monthy permit*|
|$30 / vehicle||for a weekly permit*|
|*As per Municipal By-law 1010. Conditions of By-law 694, art. 15.7 apply.|
The permit is valid for one calendar year (January 1 - December 31). However, since each permit is assigned to a single vehicle, residents must reapply for a new one at every vehicle change, even if it is a temporary change. Therefore, any change of vehicle or plate number, including temporary use of a borrowed, courtesy or rental car, must be reported to the Town.
- Proof of vehicle ownership (vehicle registration certificate);
- Proof of insurance (the only document that links the vehicle to the address of residency);
- Proof of residence in the concerned sector (driver’s license, tax bill, public utility bill: Hydro-Québec, bell, Vidéotron, etc).
Vehicles with permits must park in close proximity to the owner’s address.
Method of payment:
VISA, Mastercard, Interac or Cash
For information, please call Town Hall at 514 369-8200. For a copy of the Overnight Parking Permit form, please click here.